Friday, September 7, 2007

@ the Ref Desk

Just after noon, early September, the start of the Fall semester and I am struck by the sheer numbers of students in the library: Studying, checking e-mail or writing papers on the computer. Some are quietly chatting in groups, or working on projects before the start of afternoon classes.

Our library is a destination! No other building on campus has this number of people in one place @ one time except those academic buildings when classes change out.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

We are the place on campus to be! Even on a Sunday afternoon, the energy in here is all business. There are students exchanging information at the desk...citation questions that I overhear. "Noodletools" such a great resource. That 'Little Brown Book' is frustrating and often times takes too long to find the correct answer. I am all for helping students save time. Like one just told me, "It's not like I have never cited my sources before." They would just like some help in getting it done faster.
Thanks, Pat, for doing this blog.